sábado, 8 de enero de 2011

CHILLIDA LEKU RIP


I am upset to start the new year writing this post but I think it´s necessary because is a small tribute to a man who I greatly admire since I was child. Chillida Leku, as many of you know, is a museum created by Eduardo Chillida mixing love, passion and huge dedication. Unlucky it has been closed a week ago for finacial reasons.


Undoubtedly the lack of an influential artist and one of the most international museum of the twentieth century is a great lost for the world of culture and art. I strongly recommend you to visit the Oteiza’s Museum too before it closed. The conteporany and eternal rival of Chillida.


"I'm of the opinion, and this is very important to me, that we are from somewhere. Ideally, we are from one place, where our roots are, but we should reach out to the entire world and borrow ideas from other cultures. Anyplace can be perfect for the person who's adapted to it. Here in the Basque Country I feel like I'm where I belong, like a tree adapted to the land, but with branches that reach out to the rest of the world. I'm trying to create the work of a person, my own work because I am who I am, and since this is where I'm from, my work will take on particular tones, a sort of dark light, our light." Eduardo Chillida

No hay comentarios: